The Sword & the Magic Pokie Review
The Sword & the Magic is the latest online pokie from Fugaso. It’s a five-reel game with 75 paylines, and the theme is drawn from the legends of King Arthur and Camelot. If you’d like to know more, please take a look at the following review.
Return to Player
The Sword & the Magic has a theoretical RTP of 96.50%. This means that, on average, the player can expect to get back $96.50 for every $100 wagered.
Of course, it should be noted that this percentage only holds true over thousands of spins. In the course of a single gaming session, the percentage will vary wildly.
The return-to-player percentage for this game is among the most generous that you’ll encounter. It blows land-based pokies out of the water, and it’s also superior to most online titles.
Finding the Game
The Sword & the Magic is available at any online casino offering Fugaso games. For Aussies, the most notable example is Woo Casino.
In this game, you’ll determine the wager by selecting both level and coin size. There are four coin values to choose from, including $0.01, $0.02, $0.05, and $0.10.
When combined with a level, this results in a wager ranging from $0.25 to $25. These amounts make this pokie best-suited for low rollers and players on a strict budget.
During the base game, players are treated to a special feature every 10 spins. On the 10th spin, all wilds collected during the phase will return to the reels in random spots.
Wilds also return during the Free Spins phase, depending on which option the player selected. Even better, the wilds randomly change position during every bonus spin.
The Sword & the Magic Paytable
In this section, we’ll examine the paytable for The Sword & the Magic. All wins are multiplied by the bet per line, and only the highest win is paid per line.
- Heart, Diamond, Club, Spade – Each poker symbol pays three for three matches, seven for four, and 20 for five.
- Sword in the Stone – This iconic image is worth three for three matches, seven for four, and 20 for five.
- Shield and Holy Grail – These symbols are valued at five for three matches, 12 for four, and 50 for five.
- Camelot and Unicorn – This pair of symbols both pay eight for three matches, 20 for four, and 75 for five.
- King Arthur and Crown – These symbols are worth 10 for three matches, 25 for four, and 125 for five.
- Guinevere – The famed wife of Arthur is worth 20 for three matches, 60 for four, and 250 for five.
- Lancelot – This is the game’s bonus symbol, and it can appear on all reels. Three or more trigger the Free Spins round.
- Magic Ball – This symbol is collected during spins for an eventual payoff using the game’s progressive function.
- Merlin – The legendary wizard is the game’s wild symbol, and he substitutes for everything except the bonus. Wilds also return to the screen on every 10th spin during the base game. Finally, the symbol offers a 250 payout for five matches.
This bonus feature activates when the player gets three or more Bonus symbols on the same spin. Before these complimentary spins begin, the player is asked to make a choice based on the number of Bonus symbols. Choices include the following:
- Three Bonus Symbols – Five free spins with 7 wilds OR 15 free spins with 4 wilds
- Four Bonus Symbols – 10 free spins with 7 wilds OR 30 free spins with 4 wilds
- Five Bonus Symbols – 15 free spins with 7 wilds OR 45 free spins with 4 wilds
Based on the choices above, a number of wild symbols will return to the reels. They’ll also change positions randomly during each spin. They may also reveal 2x multipliers to increase the player’s winnings.
This round can also be re-triggered by getting three or more Bonus symbols. If this occurs, the new bonus round will take place as soon as the current one is over. However, the player still gets to make the choice discussed earlier in this section. There’s no limit to the number of possible re-triggers.
The game is divided up into 10-spin cycles. Magic balls are collected during these cycles, and up to 20 can be gathered. On the 10th spin, all collected balls return to the reels as wilds.
The 96.50% RTP is quite impressive, and that alone is enough reason to give The Sword & the Magic a try. The bonus round is also generous, and the opportunity to get 45 free spins is especially appealing. If you’re looking to add another virtual pokie to your rotation, consider adding this one to the list.
For even more pokie reviews, please see the following: